Saturday 12 February 2011

Evaluation: What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

During the process of this magazine production coursework I have learnt a lot about the process of magazine construction.

In the production of the preliminary task I mainly used paint and a photo editing software called picasa 3 to edit and crop the images (see school magazine deconstruction). I realised that this was a time consuming process and to make my music magazine coursework more professional and effective I would need to use a different software.

I started testing two softwares to see which one would best suit the needs of my photographic manipulation. They were http://www.picnik.com/ and Photoshop Elements 5.0 exe.

Below is an example of the editing using http://www.picnik.com/ :



After comparing the quality of the editing above with the quality of Photoshop Elements 5.0 exe, I decided photoshop was the best software to use. This is because when experimenting with the two facilities it became apparent that photoshop enabled more accurate and so professional cropping and more subtle but effective image editing. In the image shown above it is clear the image has been edited but doesn't look very effective in creating a professional finish.


Shown below is the comparison of quality of my images being cropped on paint and on Photoshop Element 5.0 exe:

Original photograph



          Paint Image
                                                                              


Photoshop Element 5.0 exe image


To take all my images for my music magazine coursework production I used a Fujifilm finepix s1600 camera, like the one shown below.


No comments:

Post a Comment