Saturday 12 February 2011

Evaluation: Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?


 

When comparing my preliminary task of creating a school magazine with my final music magazine production, I can see areas where my skills have progressed.

I think that my strengths in the production of the preliminary task are as follows. I created a clear house style, used models the same age as the audience and included iconic magazine features such as a barcode and issue number. I also manipulated my images to appear as a hopscotch, which is something the audience can recognise and associate themselves with and I used simple and mainly primary colours.

However, although I am pleased with this production, now that I have learnt more about magazine features and aspects, I do acknowledge that there are some weaknesses in this original production, the main weakness being the amount of unfilled space. On the front page especially, there are white areas where I could have included a caption about a featuring article instead of leaving it blank. By doing this it would look more professional and be more iconic of a magazine. Therefore, in the production of my music magazine coursework I ensured that I used as much space as possible unless left blank for a specific effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment