Wednesday 10 November 2010

Production Process: Photography plan for the front cover

The image that I include must reflect the rock genre of my music magazine. In order to feature female artists on the front cover I have decided to create a fictional band. The band that I create will need to have a suitable name, image and props. The name of the band will be 'Strike Two' and will consist of a pair of female identical twins. Instead of using real twins as the artists, to show my development and image manipulation ability I have decided to feature one model and duplicate her but change the style of her hair and outfit so that they look like a pair of identical twins.

The clothes that my model will wear will be dark colours, leather jacket, black jeans etc, all of which are iconic features of a rock person's image. The model will wear heavy amounts of make up to enhance the rock image that they need to portray. The main image that will appear on my front cover will be set against a white background and so making my band stand out in the foreground. The props that I shall include within the photo will be an amp, microphone, and red electric guitar.

When considering the positioning of my models I have decided to have one of them sitting on the amp holding the microphone or singing into it. This will give a casual but edgy feel to the magazine portraying and hinting at the characteristics of the artists included. The other twin will be posing with the guitar but not in a traditional 'playing' pose.

Below are some photos that I have taken that can possibly feature on my magazine front page and that I have edited:




I edited the first image transformation on a website called http://www.picnik.com/ and the other two image transformation on Picasa 3 publication.

Realising that the third image doesn't look directly at the audience, I acknowledged that this photograph couldn't feature on the front cover but could accompany the inside article.

No comments:

Post a Comment