Thursday 18 November 2010

Production Process: Advert and contents page progress

From looking at already existing music magazines, the contents page usually appears on the second page of a double page spread. Therefore on the first page, I decided to include a fictional advertisement to advertise an 'Xtreme Tour'. I created fictional bands to feature on this advertisement and top locations throughout the UK for the bands to play at. I carefully considered the dates that I included and the venues at which the tour will visit so that it would be within a time frame that is possible and realistic.

Below is an example of an advert and contents page double page spread taken from the September 2010 issue of Kerrang magazine, which I scanned on to the computer.




Draft of my attempt

After I constructed this advertisement I realised that because this advertisement area is of such a prime location within the magazine, that other companies would pay a great deal of money to advertise their product in this position. Therefore, if my magazine was real it would benefit more from having an advertisement in this position from another company or brand. For example, I could include a tour advertisement but for one band instead of my own magazine or I could include an advertisement for a separate product that is related to the rock genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment